Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Registered!

I am now registered for the 100th Bay to Breakers:

Your registration is complete!
You will receive an email in the next few minutes confirming your registration.
Purchased at: March 30, 2011 12:02 AM
Event Confirmation #: XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX [blacked out for safety]
Event Name: 100th Zazzle Bay to Breakers 12K (2011)
Date & Time: May 15, 2011 07:00 AM
Location: Howard Street @ Beale Street

Wowzers! That's a lot of paperwork at the end.

Once I got my tuned-up bike home, and I got showered, I went to the salon to get a manicure-pedicure. Although I am more than capable of cutting my own nails, I often develop dry skin around my finger-tips that gets very rough and starts snagging on my clothes. No matter how much I try to clip the dry skin, or buff it with an Emory board, I just make it worse. So when I need to, I simply go to the salon so the girls can take care of it more effectively. They do a great job.

I went to Sports Authority after the salon and browsed for running shorts and socks. I purchased a pair of Nike DRI-FIT running shorts (with brief liner) and a pair of New Balance work-out shorts (with boxer liner). I also bought two (2) pairs of Thorlos Experia running socks with pads on heel and mid-foot, which I expect will help cushion my feet. The last purchase was a small stick (travel size) of Body Glide, to help with the chafing. I am hoping the shorts I bought can be used without the 'Glide, but I have it just in case.

Now to get some quick laundry done so I can use this new gear starting tomorrow.

-Lancer!!

No comments: