Friday, April 15, 2011

Chicken Curry

Made Chicken Curry tonight with a Japanese curry sauce (S &B Golden Curry brand, Medium Hot). It turned out OK, but I was hoping for better. The chicken I used was pre-cooked (baked), and seemed pretty salty. I cut up half a yellow onion, a whole red pepper, and a whole green bell pepper. I sauteed the onions and chicken in olive oil, then added the peppers, stirred some more, and added water. Once the water was boiling I added the curry mix and stirred it so it dissolved into the water. I skipped a step: I was supposed to cover the skillet and let it simmer for about ten (10) minutes before I added the curry mix; not sure how much difference that would have made. Anyway, once the rice was done I put the curry over rice and consumed. It was good enough. This time I believe the curry sauce came out a bit too thick, whereas last time, it was much too thin. Next time, I will definitely fall back on the recipe I used to use when I was in San Jose: same brand of curry, but use mixed vegetables, bell peppers and skip the chicken. I also need to try using the canned potatoes, too.

C'est la vie.

Good news: My knees are not aching they way they used to after my walk/jog/walk training the last two (2) weeks. Along with warming up more effectively, I did not perform the one-legged standing calf raises before and after my training, the way I had been previously. We'll see how much of a difference this makes over the next week.

-Lancer!!

No comments: