Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Vomit Threshold Revisited

2012-07-02

Today's plan is for a CrossFit session with my trainer at the gym. I woke up on-time, blended a whey protein shake with non-fat milk, bananas, strawberries and honey, then got dressed in my compression gear as a base, with running shorts and t-shirt on top. I rode (3.44)mi. to the gym in (20)min., and rode (3.78)mi. back home in (23)min. after my workout.

My CrossFit workout went like this:
Warm-up Stretching
Arm Rotations, Leg Swings, Russian Baby-makers (aka Boot-strappers), Circoia(sp?) [Greek? walking side-scissor hip rotations], (Superman) Bounding, High Knees (fwd/reverse), Butt-kickers (fwd/reverse)
And we finished off with Frog Leaps. I still gotta' work on these: My form is a bit off, apparently. I'm not getting enough forward lean and extension so my hips aren't opening up quite enough (I think). I'll have to take pictures or video my workout so I can see what I am, or am not, doing.

Next we moved upstairs to work on Tabata drills, in this case (6) rounds of (20)sec. active, (10)sec. rest.
Tabata Drills:
Jump Pull-ups: Front Grip: 16, 12, 13, 18
Jump Pull-ups: Reverse Grip: 11, 9

Those jumping pull-ups really worked my arms, shoulders and upper chest, and I really felt it during the push-ups. *whew*

Tabata Drills:
Push-ups: 10, 7, 7, 6, 7, 7 (knee push-ups)
Sit-ups: 9, 10, 11, 10, 10, 15
Air Squats: canceled due to nausea

And that's where I rediscovered my vomit threshold: Right -at-, but not over. :-)

-Lancer!!

No comments: