Sunday, July 31, 2011

Long Run Sunday No.6

Today's Long Run was just damn long:

DC Bike Path: 1/2 Marathon Training, Long Run. Walk/Jog. Dist: (11.23)mi. Pace-avg: (16:42). Speed-avg: (3.6)mph. Speed-max: (5.4)mph. Burned: (1256) Calories.

I really should have gone out at 1700 hrs. when I initially planned to start, but I left closer to 1815 hrs. [I actually got caught up watching The Last Samurai (Tom Cruise, 2003) and then the opening of Saving Private Ryan (Tom Hanks, 1998). I had only seen The Last Samurai once before on TV a couple of years ago. It was good.] My run started out good, and it was nice and warm in the park. By the return leg of the run it was cool and breezy, and once I got closer to home it was dark, cold and windy. Rats, no wind-breaker to help with the chill.

Plan: (10)mi. @ (17:44) pace for a total time of (2:57:26) hours.

Actual: (10) mi. @ (16:38) pace for a total time of (2:46:16.14) hours. Preceded by a (1) mi. warm-up walk, and followed by a (0.23) mi. cool-down walk. I needed more cool-down mileage, but it was already cold, dark and windy, so I opted to get inside and warm-up.

Fuel: (2x) package of Clif Shot Bloks, Lemon-Lime. Sooo good. Had to top off my water-bottle on the way back in, so I think I was well-hydrated.

Weekly Mileage: Planned: (19) mi. Actual: (28.42) miles.
Today's Weight: (199.4) lbs. post-run. Pre-run it was (201.8) lbs.

-Lancer!!

No comments: