Thursday, August 04, 2011

Tempo Run 3

Thursday's workout was a Tempo Run, my third so far in this training plan.

Surface Streets: 1/2 Marathon Training, Tempo Run [Walk, Jog, Walk] Dist: (5.10) mi. Pace-avg: (15:59). Speed-avg: (3.8) mph. Speed-max: (6.1) mph. Burned: (580) Calories.

It looks like I am getting better at this. I was able to jog continuously for (2.02) miles tonight. this felt pretty good, and I wanted to try and jog the whole (3) miles, but I had to slow down and walk the rest. My legs might have been able to go another half mile, or so, but I think my lungs were struggling more than my legs tonight.

Plan: (3) mi. @ (15:52) pace for a total of (47:36) min.
Actual: (3) mi. @ (15:06) pace(avg) for a total of (45:18.09) min. Bracketed by (1) mile before and after for warm-up and cool-down.
Fuel: (1x) pkg. GU Chomps, Strawberry.

Instead of running in the park tonight, especially since it was already dark, and there are no working lights in the park, I ran on my neighborhood streets. At least I had some streetlights for visibility, and I brought my trusty SureFire flashlight to help remind motorists that I was on the street. I meant to wear my cycling safety vest, but completely forgot. I did remember to wear my wrap-around wrist reflectors, though, and my running shoes practically glow in the dark when they are illuminated by headlights. I recently found a wrist lanyard for my SureFire, but still cannot find the lanyard ring that I need to actually attach it to the light. Maybe I will just have to order one.

Tomorrow: Easy Run, (2) mi. Must not wuss out on this one. It is a trivial distance, even at walking pace.

Other News: Still hearing the crickets in response to my job applications.


-Lancer!!

No comments: