Sunday, July 03, 2011

Long Run 2

I continued my half-marathon training today with my second Long Run:

DC Bike Path: 1/2 Marathon Trng, Long Run: Dist.: (9.07)mi. Pace-avg: (17:08)min./mi. Speed-avg: (3.5)mph. Speed-max: (5.3)mph. Burned: (1003) Calories.

The plan calls for a distance of eight (8) miles at a pace of (18:01)min./mi., or whatever is close to this, and comfortable. I kept my pace at about (16:54)min./mi. to (17:08) min./mi., or so, for most of the distance. I tried going a bit faster at one point on the return leg of the run, but it was already getting too dark for comfortable footing. Tonight would have been a great night to have those Knuckle-Lights. I'll have to order them soon.

I would have gone out earlier in the day but I staid up late, and it was over (100)F. today, so I put off the run till early evening. It was pretty comfortable temperature-wise during the "run", so that was good. As I mentioned previously, an (18:01) pace is walking for me, and a (16:00) to (17:00) pace is closer to a brisk walk. [Actually, Garmin TC says this is just Walking pace. *shrug*]

-Lancer!!

No comments: