Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Easy Run

Tuesday, the day after the 4th of July, in which I continue my half-marathon training: Easy Run (2) mi. at a (17:56) min./mi. pace.

DC Bike Path: 1/2 Marathon Trng: Easy Run (2) mi. Dist.: (4.47) mi. Pace-avg: (16:05) min./mi. Speed-avg: (3.7)mph. Speed-max: (6.3)mph. Burned: (536) Calories.

Not a bad run today. I left the house after 2000 hrs., so the heat of the day was behind me, and a cooler run was in store. Once I started the Jog phase of my training run, I made an effort to jog continuously for at least (0.50) miles. I was able to slow jog for (0.46) miles on the first part of the two mile phase, then after walking for about one mile I was able to slow jog for another (0.54) miles. That felt pretty good, like I was actually pushing myself a bit more than usual. Gotta' keep working on that.

One thing I noticed this evening was that it seemed a little easier to keep pushing myself as the distance counted down on my Garmin, than it did trying to push myself as the timer counted down. Trying to keep going for a full five (5) minutes, or longer, felt like a more difficult grind when I was using the old modified 5K training plan.

Thursday: Tempo Run.

-Lancer!!

No comments: