Monday, June 13, 2011

Freakin' Awesome!

A friend posted this on FB recently. I just watched it, and it is freakin' awesome! Especially the music that plays with it. It's very familiar, but I cannot place it. The video is from Dakotalapse.com by way of Vimeo. If you are an astronomy buff, then you should appreciate this site. I will have to go back and check it out in more detail. Meanwhile, time for more job-hunting.

Also, at the suggestion of my good friend P., I will not pursue a full marathon this year, but will try a half-marathon by the end of the year, if not sooner. In fact, I think I will still try and sign up for the Las Vegas Rock'n'Roll event Strip at Night, because they have a 1/2 marathon option, too. Why back out of a full marathon? As I was reminded, at our age, trying to be too enthusiastic about a new activity like running can lead to many injuries if one is not careful and does not work up to it properly, which is to say, slow and steady. So I will learn from her experience and take it slow. [And yes, zero (0) miles in the last week is much too slow. I get it.]

More later

-Lancer!!

No comments: