Thursday, January 05, 2012

Second Slack-tastic Easy Run of 2012

Today's plan calls for an Easy Run. 

DC Bike Path: 1/2 Marathon Training, Easy Run. Dist: (5.17)mi. Pace-avg: (15:15). Speed-avg: (3.9)mph. Speed-max: (5.8)mph. Burned: (533) Calories. Headlight.

Plan: Run (3.0)mi. @ a (17:45) pace for a total time of (53:16)min. [Actually, this was Tuesday's plan; I'm just doing it now.]
Actual: Run (3.0)mi. @ a (13:55) avg. pace for a total time of (41:45.87)min., bracketed by a (1.0)mi. warm-up walk, and a (1.17)mi. cool-down walk.
Fuel: Pre-run: GU Energy Gel (Mandarin Orange), Honey Stinger Waffle (Honey); Mid-run: (water); Post-run: Dinner! Some leftover's from Tuesday night: Turkey patty, cranberry sauce, baked potato w/ margarine & black pepper.

Great run tonight! I left the house after 0200 hrs., the sky was clear with a bright, gibbous moon, and no fog on the streets. I walked my usual warm up mile after I dig (30) squats in the driveway to warm-up my legs a little, then ran a very comfortable (3.0)mi. in the park. I kept up a good pace and ended up with negative splits for the second time in my half-marathon training:


Splits: Mile (1): (14:09); Mile (2): (14:08); Mile (3): (13:36).

On the return leg, during my cool-down walk, I came across a small skunk. I smelled a skunk on the outbound leg of my run, and this time I saw it. It was smaller than the one I saw back in July during one my first midnight training runs. This little skunk seemed to be scared of my headlight so it kept running away, almost like I was herding it along the path with my light. It actually seemed like it might be injured because the way the little skunk kept bumbling appeared to be a sort of limping run.


Time to get cleaned up and eat something.


Start Temp: (42)deg.F.
End Temp: (38)deg.F.


-Lancer!!

No comments: