Sunday, January 01, 2012

First Run of 2012!!

Today's plan calls for an Easy Run.

DC Bike Path: 1/2 Marathon Training, Easy Run. Dist: (6.03)mi. Pace-avg: (14:49). Speed-avg: (4.0)mph. Speed-max: (5.0)mph. Burned: (607) Calories. Headlight.

Plan: Run (4.0)mi. @ a (17:45) pace, for a total time of (1:11:02)hrs.
Actual: Run (4.0)mi. @ a (13:43) avg. pace for a total time of (54:50.61)min., bracketed by a (1.0)mi. warm-up walk, and a (1.03)mi. cool-down walk.
Fuel: Pre-run: Tuna casserole, chocolate cake, red grapes; Mid-run: (water); Post-run: something warm.

Tonight's run was a cold one: it was already down to (36) deg. F. when I left the house. And it is still (36) deg. F. when I returned, so the temperature held steady. [At some point I am going to have to get a little thermometer I can wear on my running clothes to keep with me; I really want to get some first-hand temperature readings. I used to have one when I was in the Boy Scouts, but it has long since disappeared.] There was fog in the park from beginning to end so my headlight gave me plenty of glare-back. I ended up running most of the time without my yellow glasses. Overall, tonight's run was awesome, because I ran (4.0) consecutive, continuous miles. I haven't run this consistently in a while, and naturally it was due to maintaining a good steady pace throughout my run this evening. My last few runs I started out too fast, so ended up paying for it by having to run/walk/run. There's nothing inherently wrong with doing my runs that way, but it does mean I have not kept up my running gains as thoroughly as I wanted.

Splits: Mile (1): (13:41); Mile (2): (13:46); Mile (3): (13:47); Mile (4): (13:44).

Other News: Smells like it's time to wash my running clothes. B-)

-Lancer!!

No comments: