Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Night Gym Rat

I skipped my Sunday Long Run, mostly because I was still very tired and worn out from dancing so much at an 80's party downtown; my legs were still very sore from the dancing and the two (2) mile run I did beforehand. So to make up for it, tonight I went to the gym for the first time this year. I managed three (3) laps around the Fit In (30) Room, then tried some bench-press like exercises with a couple of different medicine balls: (12) lbs. @ (20) reps, (22) lbs. @ (15) reps, and (30) lbs. @ (6) reps. I followed that with some attempts at planks: I made it to a (10) to (15)  count with the full-arm extension and toes, then a (20) count on my elbows and toes.


Once I was done there I went to the cardio room and tried out the StairMaster 4000PT. I selected the Pike's Peak option, level (2) difficulty, for (30) minutes. I was able to last for about (20) minutes, then had to switch to the stationary bike as I was feeling winded and a bit faint. I put in (4) miles on the stationary bike at an easy pace of about (75) rpm for a little over (10) minutes. Following all that a good post-workout stretching session was long overdue. One of the reasons my legs were so sore over the weekend was because I did not take the time to stretch out after my run, or even after I got home from dancing.

I will chalk-up my first encounter with the StairMaster as mostly successful, and I now see just how much I really have to work at using this machine to help in my preparations for Half Dome later this year. It's going to be a long haul.

-Lancer!!

No comments: