Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Another Easy Run Tuesday

Back to a better start this week: I went out for my Tuesday Easy Run, after sundown.

DC Bike Path: 1/2 Marathon Training, Easy Run. Dist: (7.72)mi. Pace-avg: (16:47). Speed-avg: (3.5)mph. Speed-max: (5.0)mph. Burned: (839) Calories. Running lights.

Plan: Run (5) mi. @ a (17:17) pace, for a total time of (1:26:25) hrs.
Actual: Jog/Walk (5)mi. @ (16:05) avg. pace, for a total time of (1:20:26.21) hrs. Bracketed by a (1) mi. warm-up walk, and a (1.72)mi. cool-down walk.
Fuel: Pre-run: Late lunch at Panda Express; Mid-run: PowerBar Energy Gel (Strawberry-Banana); Post-run: Home-made Belgian waffle with butter and Strawberry-Apricot jam.

Tonight's run was good. I went out after dark and only encountered a couple of folks on the trail tonight. Tonight's moon is waxing gibbous and there was plenty of light out for my run, even without my running lights. I was surprised that it was still in the low (90s) when I left the house about (2000) hrs. Looking at weather.com now, I see it is still (80) deg. F. outside. So, the warm summer nights are here.

Other News: Went to the dentist today for a check-up and cleaning. Had a good time talking to my hygienist, who also enjoys running, but with two (2) young children at home, does not get enough time to go out and run, even with the stroller. I wrote down a couple of running blogs for her to checkout, including mine. Maybe she'll even get time to check them out.

-Lancer!!

No comments: