Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tempo Run 2

Continuing on with my half-marathon training I "ran" my second Tempo Run today.

DC Bike Path: 1/2 Marathon Training, Tempo Run #2. Dist: (6.24) mi. Pace-avg: (16:39). Speed-avg: (3.6)mph. Speed-max: (5.9)mph. Burned: (692) Calories.

Today's tempo run was planned as: (3) mi. @ (16:02) pace for a time of (48:07), plus a (1) mi. warm-up and (1) mi. cooldown bracketing the tempo run. My (3) mi. pace was (15:41) avg. for a time of (47:01.88). Works for me.

I bailed on the Tuesday Easy Run because I went hiking in Yosemite, and I really didn't feel like I could manage it, especially after eating dinner so late. I would have to run after dark, and I was feeling just a little whipped (and a little sunburned). Though my mind wanted to drag my body out on the path, I had to resist.

My fuel on tonight's run was (1x) pack of Sport Beans by Jelly Belly, Berry flavor (awesome!), (100) Calories; and (1x) GU Energy Gel (Mandarin Orange, excellent!), (100) Calories.

I also had my hair cut today: Clipper cut down to the skin. My scalp needs some sun, so Lex Luthor, eat your heart out. B-)

Today's Weight: (202.2) lbs.

-Lancer!!

No comments: