Thursday, August 01, 2013

A Quick Update

2013-08-01, Thursday

Time for a quick update before work. I registered for the 5th Annual VIPS Keep Moving Forward 5K/10K in Riverbank, CA. And I registered for the 2nd Annual Peace Officer Memorial Foot Pursuit Half-Marathon, 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run in Modesto, CA. I missed out on that one last year due to funding issues. Now I am in training for it in earnest, and am back on track with my training schedule.

Last night after work I completed a night-time (6.00)-mile run. It was supposed to be a (4.00)-mile Tempo Run with a one (1) mile warm-up and cool-down, but I ran it all together as a six (6) mile Galloway run-walk-run.

DC Bike Path: Marathon Training, Temp Run. Dist: (6.00)-mi. Time: (1:29:29.22)hrs. Pace-avg: (14:55)/mi. Speed-avg: (4.0)mph. Speed-max: (6.6)mph. Burned: (710) Calories. HR-avg: (150)bpm.

And this afternoon I ran a (2.00)-mile Easy Run that is actually on my calendar for today.

DC Bike Path: Marathon Training, Easy Run. Dist: (2.00)-mi. Time: (26:09.65)min. Pace-avg: (13:05)/mi. Speed-avg: (4.6)mph. Speed-max: (6.8)mph. Burned: (248) Calories. HR-avg: (155)bpm.

The tempo run was actually on my training calendar for Wednesday, but I did not manage it before work. At any rate I feel much better today than I did yesterday, so I'm actually not dreading work.  :-)

I'll tidy this up, and add some more later tonight.

Happy Swiss Independence Day!!

-Lancer!!

No comments: