Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday Easy Run in the Rain

Today's plan calls for an Easy Run.

DC Bike Path: 1/2 Marathon Training, Easy Run. Dist: (3.11)mi. Time: (43:48.15)min. Pace-avg: (14:06). Speed-avg: (4.3)mph. Speed-max: (5.3)mph. Burned: (318) Calories. 

Plan: Run (3.0)mi. @ a (17:35) pace for a total of (52.46)min.
Actual: Run (3.11)mi. @ a (14:06) pace for a total of (43:48.15)min., followed by a (1.25)mi. cool-down walk.
Fuel: Pre-run: 1x cup coffee, 2x Raisin Bran muffins; Mid-run: (nothing); Post-run: water, Gatorade, Dinner: turkey burger, steak fries, green salad.

Very good run in the rain and the park today! At least I have a preview of what the weather and temps will be like if it does indeed run this Sunday. I even took my camera along on the run to try out using it with a lanyard and my vest pocket; it worked very well.

Passing the pump house.


Deeper into the park.


Another rainy day runner up ahead.

I can smell Panda Express from here.

Under the overpass.


Looking a little winded.

Splits:
Mile (1): (13:54)
Mile (2): (14:15))
Mile (3): (14:10)
Mile (0.11): (13:49) 

Other News: Last night I volunteered with other Shadow Chasers to help stuff the race day goody bags. I had no idea so much was involved in putting those things together. I read there were at least (70) volunteers there during the course of the event. I can believe it: There was a shoulder-to-shoulder ring of volunteers all around the tables collating the paperwork and passing it down the line to go into the bags. That took a pretty long time, and I didn't show up till after 6:00PM. I was glad to see there was still pizza left at the end of the night. I wasn't aware food and drinks were being provided, but it's definitely something to look forward to at future volunteer events.


-Lancer!!

No comments: