Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday Night Tempo Run

Today's plan calls for a Tempo Run.

DC Bike Path: 1/2 Marathon Training, Tempo Run. Dist: (5.54)mi. Pace-avg: (15:35). Speed-avg: (3.9)mph. Speed-max: (5.4)mph. Burned: (571) Calories. Running lights. 

Plan: Run (5.0)mi., including (3.0)mi. @ a pace of (16:03) for total time of (48:10)min., bracketed by a (1.0) mi. warm-up and (1.0)mi. cool-down at an easy pace.
Actual: Run (5.54) @ an avg (15:35) pace, including (3.0)mi. @ an avg. (14:27) pace for a total of (43:22.26)min., bracketed by a (1.0)mi. warm-up walk, and a (1.54)mi. cool-down walk.
Fuel: Pre-run: (2) slices of wheat toast with peanut butter, (1) cup of coffee w/ sugar and non-dairy creamer; Mid-run: (water); Post-run: some kind of dinner.

Tonight's run was nice. It was still chilly out (about [52 deg. F.], especially since I left after sundown, but I tried something a little different: I wore my long sleeve Nike running shirt, then my old Metromedia Fiber Networks fleece over that, then my Brooks LSD Lite Jacket II. I was a little concerned it might be too hot, or too cool, with the fleece, but it seemed to be just about right. I also used my new running beanie: the Mizuno Breath Thermo Head Pip. This new beanie worked as advertised: The fabric heats up as you sweat, the perspiration generating an exothermic reaction from the fabric. I was pleasantly surprised when one of the Fleet Feet staff illustrated how this worked with a little demo kit at the store last night; it was pretty cool. Looking at the Mizuno USA website I am now tempted to try their Breath Thermo Plus socks, as well.

I am still researching winter running jackets, and hope to find something suitable soon.

Split paces: Mile (1): (13:49); Mile (2): (14:56); Mile (3): (14:45).


-Lancer!!

No comments: