Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday Easy Run

Today's plan calls for an Easy Run. Yes, I skipped my Sunday Long Run because I was a little concerned about re-breaking my healing toe with so much mileage. Maye I'm just being overly cautious.

DC Bike Path: 1/2 Marathon Training, Easy Run. Dist: (6.15)mi. Pace-avg: (16:14). Speed-avg: (3.7)mph. Speed-max: (5.0)mph. Burned: (662) Calories.

Plan: Run (4)mi. @ a (16:55) pace for a total of (1:07:41)hrs.
Actual: Jog/walk (4.00)mi. @ a (15:28) avg. pace, bracketed by a (1)mi. warm-up walk, and a (1.15)mi. cool-down walk.
Fuel: Pre-run: Honey Stinger Stinger Waffle, (1x) Vanilla, (1x) Honey; Mid-run: PowerBar Energy Gel (Banana-Strawberry); Post-run: Dinner! Chicken Fajitas, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans.

Tonight's run went well. After too long sitting idle I was a bit more winded earlier on that usual, but I got over it on the return leg and was able to jog continuously for (1.82)mi. I guess it will take a while to work back up to a continuous (30) minute jog, and I am looking forward to getting back there, and beyond. It was nice to get out and run in the sun again. There were plenty of other people out in the park today enjoying the sun.

Other News: Dinner turned out pretty good. I cooked Chicken Fajitas last night, and tonight I made Spanish Rice following an online recipe and tweaking it on the fly. It could have turned out better: I could have burned the rice a lot less, and spiced it up a bit more. Next time I will try adding more McCormick's Mexican Seasoning ([2] tablespoons, rather than just [1]) and maybe half a (14.5) oz. can of the canned tomatoes (petite diced) and a small can of Ortega Diced Green Chiles. Those modifications might just make it as good as it should be.

As of tonight, I now have (439.34) miles on my Brooks Trance 10 running shoes. At this point, I will need to go buy a new pair so I will have them ready to swap out once I hit the (450-500) mile mark.

-Lancer!!

No comments: