Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Half-Dome Equipment

OK. So I finally got out Monday and bought some more gear for the Half-Dome trip next week:

  1. Sleeping bag, rated for (0) deg. F., which will no doubt be far more than enough;
  2. Camelbak (3) Liter water bladder;
  3. Outdoor Products Skyline 8.0 backpack, water bladder compatible; returned, hip-belt unreliable;
  4. closed cell foam pad for going under the sleeping bag, but I think the tent cabins have cots;
  5. (3x) Camper's Mirrors by Stansport, for use as signal mirrors, et al.;
  6. (3x) Emergency/Solar Blankets;
  7. (4x) Pairs of Wool-blend socks for hiking;
  8. (1x) pk. Camp soap sheets (50);
  9. (2x) Life Guard Glow Red LED lights sticks;
  10.  
More later.

Tuesday: Returned the OP backpack, haven't committed to another one yet, but have two (2) good candidates. I will be checking Royal Robbins again, tomorrow. Testing the CamelBak Antidote (3) Liter bladder: No leaks yet. The plastic taste does not seem to be much of a problem, yet; that may change on the trail. I need to do at least one lap through the park with my gear that I am wearing, and carrying, on the Half-Dome hike sometime this week.

Skipped my (3) mile Easy Run today: Just too tired for some reason. I could even go out and do it now, in the dark, but I am trying to keep myself to a morning wake-up schedule, and not a "sometime in the afternoon" wake-up schedule.

-Lancer!! 

No comments: