Sunday, June 05, 2011

Rainy Day Runner

As you know, I have been utterly slack about running the last two (2) weeks. And since I have been pretty restless the last few days I finally went out for a run:

DC Bike Path: Walk/Jog, repeat (3x). Distance: (5.37)mi. Pace-avg: (15:47)min./mi. Speed-avg: (3.8)mph. Speed-max: (6.1)mph. Burned: (664) Calories.

It has been raining here in Modesto the last few days. When I left the house for my run, it was not raining. On the way back in, however, it was raining pretty good. For today's run I used my new Nike compression shorts (which were pretty great once I got moving in them) and my new Nike running pants. I really wish I had both of those for the Bay to Breakers. The pants really did keep the chill away, but the humidity before the rain kept it from being really cold. It's been between (61)-(63) deg.F. today. so not really that cold by Mid-West, or East Coast, standards.

I also used my new iPod Shuffle, which is loaded with only Techno-Trance-Dance music for now. Trance while running in the rain on the way back just gave the day a magical feel; I can't wait for more. B-)  Although, maybe I should get some proper rainy day running gear. I'll have to see if Fleet Feet or REI has any in stock, now that it is spring/summer.

More later.

-Lancer!!

No comments: